Welcome to my weight loss journey! I was sleeved on 6/6/11
Went in for tummy tuck and breast reduction 12/11/12


Sunday, June 5, 2011

My new journey...

Yep...that's me....I'm way more nervous than I look...
Boy oh boy...its been a while...last I wrote, I was still battling with my weight. And I still am...but I have chosen to take my weight loss into my own hands and get a gastric sleeve. This is not a decision that I didn't think about. I've been thinking about a lap-band for the past two years. My doctor approved me for that almost a year and a half ago...but I was chicken, and thought I could do it on my own. Well 20 lbs later, it's apparent that I couldn't.
For those of you who have judged me for my decision, saying it's an easy way out, I would like to know how you came to that conclusion. How could cutting out 80% of my stomach be an easy way out. I will no longer be able to enjoy the foods that I love. I have had to start going to psychologist just for my food addiction....yep, My name is Billie Lynn and I'm a food addict. For the first year I will be living off of liquid and pureed and soft foods. If that's an easy way out, well then I've got it all wrong. I'm not looking forward to all the hardships ahead of me, but it's something I have to do. For my health, for my children and for myself. I want to see then grow up and I want to see my grandchildren grow up too.
I took my measurements...not so fun...oy...it's embarrassing to see how much I let myself go...but here they are, with a pre-op picture or two or four...
6/5/11 Measurements
Left wrist 6.5"
Right writst 6.5"
Left upper arm 17.25"
Right upper arm 17.25
Chest 48"
Waist 47"
Hips 56.5"
Left thigh 31"
Right thigh 32"
Left calf 16.5"
Right calf 16"
Dress size 22/24
Shirt Size 22/24
Bra Size 40F
Ring Size 9"
Shoe Size 9.5"
Neck size 16"
Weight: 281 lbs
Tomorrow is the big day....I'm praying for a good, no problems kind of surgery....please say a few prayers for me :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Ms Billie! You'll do wonderful! HUGE props to you for taking such a giant step to improving your health. :) -Heather G

Nat said...

We'll be thinking about you, and praying too. Thanks for sharing your journey. What a scary and brave decision. All the best to you.

Sarah said...

You are amazing. You, your babies, your grandbabies, your husband, your future...it's all worth it. Welcome to the rest of your life.

Unknown said...

Oh, Billie Lynn, don't let other people's judgement of your decisions get to you. They do not know where you are coming from, or the decisions making process you have gone through. I can not wait to see your progress!! I know this was a big decision, and it is a HUGE commitment on your part! That being said, "you can doooo ittttt!" ;) I will be praying for you and your family. I can't do much for you from Texas, but if you need an ear to vent to, I can be that girl! I started working out again this week, we will see if I can keep it up! lol Best of luck and lots of love!!! =)

MissBillie said...

Thank you all so much!! Your support means the world to me! <3

Poppy and Gammie said...

We will be praying that your surgery goes well and your new life will be full of happiness and joy.. You have a beautiful family and you certainly deserve the best!!

Alison said...

I'll be thinking about you. I am so glad you are documenting this for yourself.