- Met with Dr. Keyes. Didn't care for him....in fact couldn't stand the man. He was very self absorbed and rude. I believe the sign of good character is to walk in and introduce yourself and shake someone's hand while looking them in the eye. He did none of those things. I do not recommend him.
- About 1 month ago,I went to Beautologie and I met with Dr. Knoetgen. Chance came with me and we both liked him a lot. I have done business with Beautolgie before and they've always been very professional. To tell you the truth, I hadn't heard very good things about their surgeons. Dr. Knoetgen is a contract doctor through Beautologie. He was so nice and took his time during the consult. In fact, all of the staff took their time and answered a lot of my "stupid" questions. I decided I wanted Dr. K to do my surgeries. He advised against the Belt Lipectomy and that made me ecstatic! That really scared the crap outta me. He said I am saggy in my hind end, but that I didn't have rolls of skin hanging so why go through all that pain just to get a small amount of tightened skin. I couldn't agree more! And since I wasn't going to be cut all the way around, we could do the breast lift at the same time. So I put it off....not wanting to spend the money on the surgeries. I'm not a vain person....in fact I put my own stuff off as long as I can, because I would much rather buy things and do activities with the kids and Chance, than spend money on myself....especially plastic surgery. It just seems wrong on so many levels to me.
- So the day before Thanksgiving my husband calls and says, how would you like to go in for surgery on December 10th? I laughed at him and said he was mean to tease me like that...lol....he was dead serious. No joking about it. He had already set the date for my surgery. He said he knew I would never do this for myself and he knew I wanted it done. So he took it upon himself to book my surgery date. I love him so much :)
- I went in for an extended tummy tuck and breast lift on December 11th at 11am. I was all done and wrapped up in bed by 4:30pm.
- Needless to say, when you in for surgery, especially plastic surgery, you are someones canvas. Just like my clients are my canvas for hair and makeup. You kinda have to give yourself over to them and trust them...A LOT. I chose Dr. Knoetgen because I trusted him. He decided the morning of, while writing on me with that damn blue marker that he wanted to sculpt me a bit with some liposuction. I didn't think anything about it! At all....boy...was I stupid. I hadn't done any research at all on lipo. And let me tell you....the recovery HURTS! I seriously feel like someone went at me with a baseball bat. I don't understand how people can keep going in over and over for some lipo. I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. It hurts.
- Drain Tubes.....I was expecting one. I came out with two. They are the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with. You have to keep them in at least 10 days. I'm on my 6th day. I'm not draining very much, thank goodness, so I should be right on track to take them out on the 10 day mark. The area where they enter my body is so sore, but to tell you the truth, I'm more annoyed with them than the pain they cause.
- Dr. Peppers. I have once again, given them up. I haven't had one in a week. Being a post bariatric patient, it was incredibly stupid for me to start them up again...but there is just something about that syrupy goodness that is amazing to me! LOL
- Pictures... I knew they were going to take before pictures at the office. I just had no idea they were going to give me a copy of them. In fact, I wish they wouldn't have. I truly don't know how Chance could stand to look at me naked. He just calls me stupid when I say things like that, but wow. My pour tummy, from all the surgeries I've had since I was a baby, really make my tummy look like a mangled war zone. Glad to say that this surgery removed all the scars and now I just have the one scar that will sit below my underwear line.
To all my friends who have lost a lot of weight, so far, this surgery is totally worth it. I know I'm going to feel so much better in my own skin after this. I can't wait to wear a pants that actually fit me, instead of buying a size bigger to stuff the skin into. I can't wait to buy a bra that actually fits and not be falling out the front and both sides because my skin was overflowing everywhere! I vow not to ever wear a bikini in public, oh but I will rock that shit at home ;) lol
Hope today finds everyone happy and healthy. My thoughts and prayers are still flowing towards Connecticut. I just can't fathom how someone could do something so terrible. And that's all I have to say about that.
I will be posting my before pics as soon as I can take some decent after pics. :)
Bye for now ~~Billie Lynn