Welcome to my weight loss journey! I was sleeved on 6/6/11
Went in for tummy tuck and breast reduction 12/11/12


Monday, October 3, 2011

heading to the doc....

I broke down today and called the doctor. I'm losing hair like crazy, to the point that I'm forming bald spots. May come as a shocker to a lot of you, but there are down sides to a surgery of this kind. I knew this going into it. Most people have kinda given me an "I told you so" attitude about it. Thanks for that. <---sarcasm Others have blamed a protein deficiency...which I'm totally buying into, but at the same time, I get more protein now than I EVER did before my surgery, so needless to say, I'm curious to find out the culprit.

I'm also having an unbelievable amount of back pain. To the point that I'm cramping from just above my butt all the way down to my knees. I have problems driving to school in the mornings...maybe it's just a pinched nerve, maybe it's just my back trying to get used to the lower amount of strain....who knows...but I do know that I've broken down. I've been relying heavily on vicodine the past month or so. Do I take it during the day? nope. Do I dope myself up at night so I'm not in pain? yep. So I need to discuss that with the good ol' doc too. I'm a food addict and now that that addiction has been "taken away" there's a good chance that I'll try and redirect my addiction somewhere else. And as most people know, addiction runs heavily in my family....I really don't want that to happen....so it's totally time to admit I need some more help and follow through. I'm not too proud to admit it. All I ask for are some thoughts and prayers and some guidance......thanks friends :)

rant over.

No comments: