Welcome to my weight loss journey! I was sleeved on 6/6/11
Went in for tummy tuck and breast reduction 12/11/12


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The first post....

There are a few things in this world that melt my heart...very few...but the one thing that gets me everytime is my kids. Their new hobby has been singing...they both love to sing...they don't even sing words...just nonsense...and it's the cutest thing ever. My Jaxon is either trying to sing Mary had a little Lamb or the Alphabet...lol. Not sure but either way it's adorable. My Madi loves to sing the Elmo's World theme.....the one that comes on Sesame Street...very cute. They both proceeded to serenade me and everyone in ToysRUs today....very cute. And the giggles...even when I've had the worst day ever with them...all they have to do is make that little giggle and I melt....I'm owned. I've been dealing with alot of inner demons lately...and those two can pull me out in the blink of an eye...the bat of an eyelash...I thank God everyday that he gave me these two little farts....I really don't know what I would be doing with my life. So with that being said......I want to set the record straight. I know that many people look down on the fact that a SAHM is a career, but it really is. I use to be one of those people....I have come into contact with so many amazing women that are proud to be just who they are. So I have to say that never in a million years did I think I would be a PROUD member of a stay at home mom's meetup group, a PROUD pee-pee/poo-poo in the potty dancer, or a PROUD cooking/sewing/diaper changing/vomit cleaner-upper/cleaning the house every five seconds mom. I always wanted the career....and apparently this is my calling. I fit the position well, and I love every minute of it...even the ones I bitch about. It is my life...take it or leave it. I think I'll take it.

1 comment:

Tara K said...

You know, I think you said exactly what I have felt. I wasn't entirely sure that I wanted the career track, but I wasn't at ALL sure I wanted to be SAHM either...but I'm dang proud to be and wouldn't trade my job for anything!